JamO, +aaa-dev and +controller-dev and Stephen FYI:

On Wed, Apr 4, 2018 at 10:24 PM, Jamo Luhrsen <jluhr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Utility folks,
>
> I noticed in a local setup I have where I've changed the default username
> and password for RESTCONF, that I still need to use the admin:admin creds
> to hit the diagstatus endpoint.
>
> I'm guessing that's just because this is not tied in to the magic of
> AAA and/or RESTCONF creds.
>
> Gotta just live with it, or would it be an easy thing to add, just to keep
> things more intuitive?

This seems like a bug (bad one, security wise), but it's not for
infrautils-dev - we don't actually do anything re. Jolokia in project
infrautils, the diagstatus sub-module simply exposes a JMX bean... the code
related to the Jolokia integration in ODL which then make makes this
available via HTTP, and secures it with the AAA creds (also used by
RESTCONF; there are no creds in RESTCONF itself FYI), is actually in
controller and/or aaa (I'm not 100% sure myself what is where)... see
https://jira.opendaylight.org/browse/AAA-147 and
https://jira.opendaylight.org/browse/CONTROLLER-1324.

If you are right, we have this problem (that when changing the default
username and password you can still use the previous one) on *ALL*
/jolokia/ URLs, I'm guessing.

Would you like to open a (Critical?) bug in JIRA against AAA about this?

Tx,
M.
--
Michael Vorburger, Red Hat