Hello everyone,

as it currently stands, then only projects which are using
opendaylight-{inventory,topology}*.yang models are OpenFlow-specific
projects (openflowplugin, genius, sfc (in sfc-genius-utils), netvirt),
plus a soon-to-be-deprecated component in controller/netconf.

These models have been deemed as deprecated a long time (3+ years) ago,
but the effort to migrate off of them has never materialized, which has
left us in a sorry state, where the usage of those models incurs
deprecation warnings (all over the place) and there is no target to
transition to.

We have
https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/q/+I1e3d27374ffba0e584f194d468cebcfa9cecfe81
merged on master, which will be followed by all other branches. This
will alleviate the deprecation pain downstream.

As for the next steps, I think we need to migrate these models to
openflowplugin, where they can be maintained, as that world is the only
place that really uses them.

Any objections?

Thanks,
Robert