On Wed 2003-04-02 at 00:09:16 -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Vincent Danen wrote:
> > Name        : openssh                      Relocations: (not relocateable)
[...]
> > - PermitRootLogin disabled by default
>
> Ugh.  Could you at least make that only for high security levels?
> The justification for that feature is severly lacking.

I would say it the other way around: What is the justification to
allow remote-login as root *by default*? Simply use "su" or "sudo"
instead; or change the default, I you cannot be bothered to use these.

That said, Vincent changed only the default. The actual value will
depend on your msec setting. So for practically all cases, nothing has
changed. Only if something goes wrong or you install no drakxtools at
all, you get a more secure default, which is a good idea, INMSHO.

   Benjamin.

PS: Hm. I cannot currently access the package and therefore I cannot
    see if an msec update is triggered after installation (I know some
    packages do this), but then, ssh is usually installed at the
    system-install, so this shouldn't be really a problem.