hello

i would like again open discussion about $subj.

in fact, we have in mandrake distro started from 8.0 kerberized telnet
and ftp services. it is ok, for kerberized networks, but i think that
this isn't optimal for most of mandrake servers..

my general argument, why these packages could be replaced with non
kerberized versions is that these kerberized services don't have pam
support and this is general inconsistency in fully pam-ified distro, as
mandrake is.

i nominate for non kerberized ftp client my likemftp package which is in
contrib. this is solid ftp client, which is default client into netbsd
distribution
i don't know, what telnet daemons is available with pam functionality,
but i hope that "only one" must exists :)

--
member of Advanced InternetWorks group  -> http://www.ainetworks.sk
professional home page                  -> http://tibor.pittich.sk