On 2003-06-05(Thu) 09:17:13 +0200, Götz Waschk wrote:
> Am Donnerstag,  5. Juni 2003, 03:58:38 Uhr MET, schrieb R.I.P. Deaddog:
> > On 2003-06-03(Tue) 10:58:42 +0200, Götz Waschk wrote:
> > > it would be nice if the find_requires script would parse the
> > > dependancies of static libraries, but how to do this? It's easy to
> > > find out the dependant libs of shared libraries, but AFAIK shared
> > > libraries only contain information about which symbols are unresolved,
> > > but no information on where to get that symbols. Has anyone thought

Yes, I discussed with Stefan about static lib dependency too, and don't
have any conclusion about it. Here are the possible difficulties:

For any missing symbol in one static lib, we can possibly find more than
one matches in other static libs. Besides, searching through ALL static
libs in one machine to find matches is very time consuming, and
(unconfirmed) possibly give different results in different machines.

This is not unsolvable, for example, by recording all missing symbols of
static libs somewhere, and grep the lists of symbols instead.

I have a conjecture: dependency of static libs must be a subset of
dependency of dynamic libs. Will it be simpler if my guess is true?

Abel

--
Abel Cheung
Linux counter #256983   | http://counter.li.org