> 2) We (the community) have resources to keep the cooker tree up to
> date, with exception of Drak* tools.

Not all, only the ones who deals with the hardware.

> However with more machines to rebuild packages (and with centralised
> and automated extranet) we may be able to make it for the next
> release.

what about using a cross compiler ? If done properly, people just have
to install a rpm on a i586 box, and compile for alpha or mips or what
they want.

and, when you say a extranet, do you mean some kind of vpn, with access
for the community ? if so, then using a crosscompiler and , maybe
distcc will allow to have more ressources avaliaible, but i don't know
if this is possible.

--

Michaël Scherer