Hi!

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 10:19:44 +0200
Warly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> May you give your opinion on :
> - What was wrong in 9.2 development process?
> - What could we do to improve 9.3/10.0 development.

- mdk seems to develop/change their own tools (Drak* - with the
exception of urpmi and rpmdrake) just before the release, with sometimes
major changes even after a release candidate. If this stuff would be
finished earlier, it could be tested in cooker.

- some mdk developers don't seem to use/like bugzilla?!

- some packages have a maintainer who is not really the maintainer of
this package (i.e. most changes are done by someone else), so a bug
report isn't assigned to the correct person.

A proposal how development/mdk could be a bit different:

- change release cycle for full blown releases to about once a year

- provide updates for packages (or group of packages) when ready (i.e.
copy them into main if "no bugs" are left...)

- maybe provide update CDs from time to time

I guess this or similar things were proposed several times now, but
distribution through MdkClub seems to be an option now.

> - What should we do to improve the Wiki.

It would be nice if it could post change notifications not only once a
day but at once.

I also don't like the time consuming process to get an account for it.
Everyone should be able to get one as easy as a bugzilla account.

> - Should we have cooker snapshot ISOs?

That would be similar to the above model - but it would give the normal
user the advantage that those released packages are tested a bit...

--
  Michael Reinsch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                       http://mr.uue.org