Buchan Milne wrote:

Michael Scherer wrote:

On Monday 29 September 2003 13:38, Eddie wrote:

Do not split KDE into so many silly packages. No distro does this and
it is ridiculous and too confusing.

debian does it, suse too.

Some one will say that you can
install what you want and leave out other stuff, but if you use urpmi
and/or gurpmi it still installs all the packages as before because of
dependencies. Please go back to the way it was, it was soooo easier
to keep track of. Eddie Mihalow Jr-Silver Club Member

Splitting is good. I do not own a scanner so why should i install sane
required to use kooka, beacuse i use the old kdegraphics package ?

i only use kmail and konqueror, why should i have 5 more useless
kdenetwork application that i will never use.

And why do I in a corporate network, with no modem attached, need to
install a setuid binary (pppd) just to install kmail (which used to
install kppp also, which requires ppp).

Perhaps some of the dependencies should be reviewed. Yea I admit that some of the dependencies are kind of goofy. (why do I need cups when installing samba...)

-randy