Guillaume Cottenceau wrote:

There would take very much diskspace, especially screenshots! And what about the time needed to do all the screenshots, list plugins..

I agree with this, however, screenshots could be limited to the "Mandrake choice" packages, and instead of being included in the distribution, been linked to a page on Mandrakeclub, as I suggested before. Why not simply using a HTML link to such screenshot ? A screenshot is really handful, it shows in one instant the layout of a software, and gives a rough idea of its possibilities.

Olivier Thauvin's easy-urpmi should be integrated in the media configuration tool, when I have time :/ however I'm not very much in favor of pushing newbies to use external packages (at the time cooker was easily addable graphically, so many people broke their system by trying to install "programs ugrades")

Contrib should be easily added by newbies, it is better to support these unofficial repositories instead of seeing newbies trying to install Red Hat packages from rpmfind.
Also, there is a strong demand for DVD playing, thus PLF should be easily added. We know it cannot be done out-of-the box, but there is no need to name it (or Gotz suggested that a disclamer would be enough, which makes sense) For this reason that would be great to merge the media management with urpmi.setup, that can retrieve mirror lists. Anyway, this is more an educational issue on the way to use rpmdrake and manage the media than a software design problem.

Eric