On Thu, 2003-10-23 at 11:40, Buchan Milne wrote:

> So, when can we add an icon on the desktop for smb:/ in KDE and GNOME by
> default, called something like "Local Network" (I have one on my desktop
> - - actually called "Windows Network", and it works great).

I concur. This is exactly what I've been doing with my users. Just put a
konq link on the desktop called "Windows Network", and point it to
smb:/. I also added it to the personal toolbars in Konq, so it's easy to
get there from wherever. It's seamless to them, and really went a long
way toward their happiness in Linux.
--
Brad Felmey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>