Buchan Milne wrote:

<sarcasm>
Yes, for an operating system that is intended to remove the need for
Windows, the most critical feature is the version number on the software
which you should never need to use after installing it.

Maybe next time we should rather fix that than worrying about newer
packages, fixing bugs etc?
</sarcasm>

Buchan, I think you missed my point. I do not consider that version number the most important thing in the distribution, and I appreciate and recognise the quality of the work that everyone does here. If I criticise Mandrake here, it is because I love it !
I can understand that people who are disturbed by the fact they insert the CD and read and mismatching version number. And yes this kind of error has to be corrected, since it hurts Mandrake when you read a review that will use the same <sarcasm> mode in his text about rushing the release.

An advice : remove completely that version number in the window title. It is not necessary, and will prevent any error in the future.

For Stephane : I disagree there are a lot of bugs in the distro. The fact that the updates are big in size does not mean there are a lot of bugs. You may correct one little bug in KDe and anyway have to release 100MB of updated rpm.

Eric