On Wed, Jun 20, 2001 at 04:51:12PM -0400, Gary Lawrence Murphy wrote:

> I've never seen this behaviour before, and it may be Mandrake 8.0
> related or just an accident of our combination of libraries and kernel
> release.
>
> I have a program (qseeme 0.83a) that exists, file reports it as an ELF
> 32 executable, but any attempts to run it (bash, gdb, strace) or ldd
> it results in a terse "file not found".

You might need rpm's of libc5 and ld.so (which provides /lib/ld-linux.so.1).
Wordperfect 8 also needs those, and gives the same error if those are not installed.

You can get the rpm's from your mandrake 7.2 cd's.
Or you can get a libc5 rpm from rpmfind.net, packaged by Caldera. Their rpm also
provides /lib/ld-linux.so.1.