anders> On Thursday 25 October 2001 22:29, you wrote:
>> sounds like your kernel is too big try taking some kernel drivers out
>> bye the way which kernel did you install and is it compressed

anders> I'm using the standard rpm from cooker to install it so I can't just remove
anders> some drivers, at least not unless I compile the kernel myself... but
anders> shouldn't it just work "out-of-the-box"??

Yes, I thought that you was compiling Mandrake kernel.  That don't
happens here, could you re-check with a latest 2.4.13-8mdk kernel and
report back?

sorry for the delay.

Later, Juan.

>> > I've just tried kernel 2.4.12-5mdk today... same problem as 2.4.10-2mdk
>> > .. the machine still reboots after the "Loading Linux" line..

anders> --
anders> Anders

are different -- Larry McVoy