On Mon, 23 Sep 2002 10:38, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Preface:  Since my previous installs didn't work, I decided to try a new
> tack.  I installed a fresh 8.2 installation, working from the first CD
> alone.  I then tried an Upgrade, and ended up with another 5 installs

It sounds very borderline hardware. Try upgrading but leaving the kernel
alone, if you can.

The alternative is to pull all of the RPMs off the CDs into a partition, park
the kernel RPMs somewhere else, do an `rpm -Fvh "*.rpm"' and then solve the
resulting dependency issues by hand.

The other alternative is to plug the drive into a different machine, install
there, return it to the proper machine and see what happens.

Cheers; Leon