On Sunday 06 October 2002 09:46 pm, Pbt wrote:
> It's exactly what i want ! ;)
> Can you explain me how to do?
> What script have you modified?

    /etc/hotplug/usb/usb-storage

That runs a script in my home directory, the fetching parts of which are:

mount /mnt/camera/
TODAY=$(date +%Y%m%d)
mkdir ~/photos/$TODAY
if cp -va $(find /mnt/camera/ -type f -name "*pg") ~/photos/$TODAY/; then
        rm -rf /mnt/camera/*
        echo "Fetch completed, camera flushed"
        # spawn indexing script here
else
        echo "Fetch failed, maybe partial results in ~/photos/$TODAY/"
        # pop up error dialog here, `wall' would do
fi
umount /mnt/camera

Of course, the echoes are only useful if it's run by hand. I suppose I could
pop up a dialog on error. /etc/fstab says of /mnt/camera:

    /dev/sda1 /mnt/camera vfat user,noexec,nodev,noauto 0 0

The only mention in /etc/modules.conf is a passing one defining my USB
controller, the rest is automagically sorted out by the USB service:

    alias usb-interface usb-ohci

Cheers; Leon