On Tuesday 08 October 2002 02:58 pm, Ben Reser wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 07, 2002 at 11:08:25PM -0700, Brent Hasty wrote:
>> In setting up tftpd on mdk 9.0 it does not seem to be starting. Xinetd is
>> installed and running, but when terminal trys to acess a tftp shared
>> directory it gets nothing from the server.  services show it is not
>> running.

> You sure it's enabled in xinetd?  Look for it's config file in
> /etc/xinetd.d make sure disable is not set to yes.  Also make sure your
> tcpwrappers (host.allow host.deny) configuration allows you to get to
> it.

If still no joy, add `-v -v' to the arguments line in /etc/xinetd.d/tftp and
look in /var/log/messages for detailed information.

I'm having a bit of a struggle getting MandrakeTS working with PXE clients.
Amongst other things, it looks like the default kernel isn't compiled with
NFS-as-root enabled. The PXE RPMs from contrib/ seem to need a mangled
version of GRUB to be any use.

Cheers; Leon