WRT the recent flameish to-and-fro about Microsoft's fonts, why not put up a
page on (say) MandrakeUser for each release of Mandrake that has links to
ways to `tart up' your Mandrake desktop, and make the point that these links
have been found useful by Mandrake Users but are _completely_ unsupported by
Mandrake themselves. Put an icon on the default homepage that points to it.
I'd call it something like `Free Extras' or `Tune Up'.

That way you could link to things like RPMs for Keramik (which amazes my
Windows-wielding friends), Mozilla themes such as `Sky Pilot', 'Internet
Explorer' (`That's _Linux_?' is a typical stunned question from an
unbeliever) and `Orbit 3+1', Windows font downloaders and whatever else
turned up and happened to work.

You would have the advantage of users being able to continue their involvement
with your product in only two clicks (icon, desired enhancement), no fiddling
around finding stuff on MandrakeUser (although I would have a prominent link
to there as well), and the advantage of being able to instantly remove links
to troublesome items (say M$ rumbled at you about the fonts) at one place.

The page could also grow pretty painlessly - even for obselete products like
Bluebird - as new items are found.

Cheers; Leon