From: "Buchan Milne" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> On 25 Dec 2002, Robert Fox wrote:
>
> > I found this on /. and thought this would be cool to package for 9.1
> >
> > www.xpde.com
> >
> > Looks interesting - at least as an alternative WM.
> >

> I don't think it's feasible, for technical reasons ...
>
> I've got the source somewhere, but AFAIK it is built with Kylix (in
> Delphi, not C/C++), so first we need a pascal compiler that can compile it

Whats wrong with building it with Kylix 3 Open Edition??

> (don't think freepascal is up to it, but I may be wrong), then we need the
> kylixlibs (http://sourceforge.net/projects/freeclx), and that's assuming
> that the authors of xpde have only used components available in the Open
> Edition (which is not likely, since AFAIK they are using Enterprise

This could be a problem ...IF they have used those components...

> Edition). Plus the freeclx project at sourceforge is quite old ...

FreeCLX in included in Open Edition ...

> In short, I don't think there is any way an xpde is going to get into any
> open-source project (even PLF).
>
> Of course, anyone is free to prove me wrong and package it ;-).

So, to summarize:

The Borland Kylix pages states:
Borland® KylixT 3 Open Edition delivers an integrated ANSI/ISO C++ and
DelphiT language solution for building powerful open-source applications for
Linux,® licensed under the GNU General Public License.
Use visual design tools and the power of component-based development with
FreeCLXT component framework to rapidly build high-performance applications.