Viestissä Perjantai 10. Tammikuuta 2003 20:31, Chuck Shirley kirjoitti:
> On Friday 10 January 2003 13:11, Thomas Backlund wrote:
> >AFAIK, the *drak* tools are under "heavy reconstruction", and thats
> >why those lines show up in every language...
> >
> >Thomas
>
> And yet this is okay for even a beta release?!  Difficult to believe,
> if you ask me.  Pre-Alpha perhaps, but certainly not ready for beta.
> (IMHO)
>
> Well, it's too bad that I'm not the only one with the situation, but
> at least I know that I haven't lost my mind... :^)
>
> -C.S.

Well, IMHO they needed to release the beta1 to get a "basesystem"
to start the package voting from...

And I dont care if the name used is "beta" instead of "alpha", since
it's just that, a name... I mean what's the difference in for examle:
1 x alpha + 4 x beta, or 5 x beta...

It's when the switch goes from 'beta' to 'RC' when things like
this shouldn't appear anymore...

IMHO 'beta' simply stands for work in progress, so in
the beginning of the process 'bugs' like this will appear...

and 'RC' stands for "giving it the final touch" / fixing
the last bugs...

Thats the development process simplified ... (by me ;-) ... )

--
Thomas

* If nothing else works, read the manual ... ... ...