When running the latest kernel:
kernel-2.4.21.0.pre3.1mdk-1-1mdk

it has support for 3c920 nic that is in nforce2...
the system works 'fine', it brings up the network,
and you can ping it ...
BUT it won't send any traffic through... (acpi bug)

so to get it to work you have to boot with 'pci=noacpi'
for now...

BTW. the nforce2 srpm from nVidia gets the nvidia
network up and running, but not sound... I'll dig in to this next...
( I know... It's nVidias problem... but still...)
and latest GeForce srpm does work with this kernel...

---

Thomas
******
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.iki.fi/~tmb/
******
* Theory is when you now everything, but nothing works...
* Reality is when everything works, but nobody nows why...
* Here Theory and Reality is combined...
* Nothing works, and Nobody nows why ...
*