On Mon, 2003-02-03 at 06:04, Chmouel Boudjnah wrote:
> Austin Acton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > Fernando has made a patched kernel at Planet CCRMA (for RedHat), which
> > solves this problem.  I don't know how we could implement the same
> > solution without sacrificing security, but I'm sure it's possible.
> > Where there's a will, there's a way.
>
> if you point me to the patch i can review and tell you...

The topic is explained here:
http://jackit.sourceforge.net/docs/faq.php#a5

And Fernando at CCRMA has made a RedHat kernel here:
http://ccrma-www.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/system.html#SECTION00037100000000000000
with a patch called "capabilities".

If you have time to look at it, that would be really helpful.

Austin

--
                        Austin Acton Hon.B.Sc.
             Synthetic Organic Chemist, Teaching Assistant