Charles A Edwards wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Feb 2003 12:10:10 +0200
> Buchan Milne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>>less effort to get a fully-working NVidia card than a
>>fully-working Radeon card under Mandrake, and ATI now also ships
>>binary-only drivers for the new Radeons.
>

> Any drivers for the radeon=>8500 other than the binary from ATI are
> provided by either XFree or Gatos not by Mandrake

????

On Mandrake XFree is provided by Mandrake ...

My point was that there isn't really much choice now, to get good all
the features on reasonable cards, you need binary-only drivers, whether
from NVidia or ATI ... so there is no real way to change vendors. People
who bought Radeon7000 series cards have more problems with getting all
the features working under Mandrake than people using cheaper but
equivalent Nvidia cards, even though the Radeon's were supposed to be
fully supported by free drivers.

So, NVidia may want to consider open-sourcing their drivers in an effort
to gain market share IMHO.

Buchan