I'm freaking out here.
I finally got around to trying ardour today.  It's AMAZING.
Up yours Cakewalk!  :-)
It's a bit crashy, but if you remember what NOT to do, it runs fine.
Sound is great.  Works great even without the multimedia kernel, but
better with.  I'll report of comparisons later.
Gotta go record a song I wrote a month ago, but I was wating for
audacity to become usable.  So much for that.

Moral of the story is, getting our
ardour/jack-realtime/kernel-multimedia setup for 9.1 is going to be SO
worth it!

Austin

--
                        Austin Acton Hon.B.Sc.
             Synthetic Organic Chemist, Teaching Assistant