Buttermilk Oven Pancakes « Laurie's Recipe Box

Ingredients:
2 C. flour
4 T. sugar
1 t. baking soda
1 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
1 lg. egg, beaten
1 1/2 C. buttermilk
2 T. vegetable oil
1.      Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Spray 9 x 13 pan & set aside. In a mixing bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder & salt. In another bowl, mix together the egg, buttermilk, & oil; add to dry ingred. & mix well. 3. Spread batter evenly in the baking pan. May bake immediately or cover & refrig. overnight. Bake until top is lightly browned around the edges 20-25 min. or about 25-30 if refrigerated first. Cut pancakes into squares and serve w/ maple syrup or fruit topping

I tried to make this recipe.
When I did it came out the consistancy of bread dough kneading consistancy.

I baked them and they came out pretty dry cake like.