My Mom's Two Pork Roast Recipes

My mom makes these and I have tried both of them and they are delicious.

Mom's Rosemary Pork Roast

1 boneless pork loin, (3 to 3 1/2 pounds)

1/2 cp green onion, (chopped)

2 1/4 cps chicken broth, (divided)

1/4 cp red wine or cider vinegar

2tbs olive or vegetable oil

4 garlic cloves, (minced)

1tb minced fresh Rosemary or 1tsp dried and crushed

1/4tsp pepper

1tsp salt, (optional)

2tbs cornstarch

1/4cp cold water.

Place the roast in a large resealable plastic bad or a container with a
tight-fitting lid.

Combine the onion, 1/4cp of the chicken broth, vinegar, garlic, oil, Rosemary
and pepper.  Pour over the roast.

Cover; refrigerate for 4 to 8 hours.  (Mom and I do it overnight).  Turn roast
occasionally.

Remove roast and place in an ungreased roasting pan,  , fat side up.

Combine marinade with the remaining chicken broth.  Add salt, if desired.

Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 2 to 2 and 1/2 hours or until meat
thermometer reads 270 degrees.  Remove roast from pan and place on a warmed
platter.

Meanwhile, skim off fat and pour remaining juices into a saucepan.

Combine cornstarch with cold water and mix well with a whisk.  Add cornstarch
mixture to saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.  Boil and stir for
about 2 minutes

Serve the gravy with the roast.

Yields 8 servings.

Teriyaki Pork Roast

3/4cp unsweetened apple juice

2tbs sugar

2tbs soy sauce

1tb red wine vinegar

1tsp ground ginger

1/4tsp garlic powder

1/8tsp pepper

1 boneless pork loin roast, (about 3 pounds, halved)

6tbs cornstarch

3tbs cold water

Combine the first 7 ingredients in a greased slow cooker.  Add the roast and
turn to cover.  Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or until a thermometer
inserted in the roast reads 170 degrees.

Remove roast and keep warm on a warmed platter.

In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and water and whisk until smooth.  Stir in
the cooked juices.  Bring to a boil over medium heat.  Stir for 2 minutes or
until desired thickness.

Serves gravy with the roast.

Yields 8 servings.

Enjoy.