From: Cookinginthedark [mailto:cookinginthedark-boun...@acbradio.org] On
Behalf Of Dawnielle Voegele
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 4:19 PM
To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org
Subject: Re: [CnD] Recipe Request for Pretzels

Hi Jeri,

     Here's a pretzel recipe I found on the web when I was in college. My
ex-fiance used to make this all the time and it is really good!! I even
bought us a rock salt grinder so we could grind rock salt for our pretzels.
It makes them delicious, in my opinion!!

Pretzels (Buttery soft pretzel sandwich) Ingredients
3 and 1 half cups flour.
3 tablespoons sugar.
2 teaspoons salt
1 package active dry yeast.
1 and 1 fourth cups hot water
2 tablespoons butter
salt or Sesame seeds for topping.
Instructions
Combine flour, sugar, salt, and yeast into a mixing bowl.
In a small sauce pan warm the water.
Place the butter in the water and mix until it melts.
Water mixture should not exceed 120 degrees f. or you will ruin the yeast.
Add the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until well combined
about 4 minutes.
Kneed the dough until smooth and supple, about 7 minutes.
place the dough into a buttered bowl, coating the entire dough with the
butter.
Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rise for 40 minutes.
Place the dough onto a cutting board and cut it into 8 or 12 different
pieces.
Shape the dough and place on to a cookie sheet lined with buttered parchment
paper.
Sprinkle on your favorite toppings.
Cover with a cloth and allow to rise for 8 minutes.
Bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes until golden brown.

     I'm sure, instead of using buttered parchment paper, you could use
Silpat sheets and butter them, if you have them. My ex never tried it with
those, but they weren't around then.
Enjoy,
Dawnielle