Hi Charles.
On the odd occasion i pop corn, I always put a little butter into the saucepan. For me, that gives the best flavour.
Cheers
Andrew

On 15/03/2014 6:53 a.m., Charles Rivard wrote:
When you pop popcorn in an electric popper or on the stovetop, do you notice a
difference in the taste if you use different oils?  If so, what is your
preference based solely on taste?  Have you found a difference among brands of
popcorn?  What is your preference and why?

I am impressed with the popcorn from the Great Northern Popcorn Company.  It
all pops, it pops bigger, and you use less to make a batch.  It costs a bit
more, but not when you consider the yield.  A 1/2 cup of corn is said to make 4
quarts, but it will darn near fill a 6-quart bowl if you are using a Stir Crazy
popper.  If I use the same amount of Jolly Time popcorn, it all will pop, but
will only fill the bowl to about 2 thirds full, which is probably an accurate 4
quarts.

---
you! really! are! finished!