Hello all,
I really need some help from some of you more experienced cooks out there.  I
feel like this is a really dumb and very basic question, but I'm going to ask
it anyway because apparently I'm doing something wrong and I need to find out
what it is.  I am not an experienced cook but I'm not a beginner either, and
there are a lot of things that I can do in the kitchen and do very well.  But
something I would like to do very well and can't seem to is make baked potatoes
in the microwave.  What I've been doing is picking out a potato, and it's
usually a kind of small or medium sized potato.  I poke holes in it all over
with a fork after washing the potato off under running water.  Then I wrap the
potato in a paper towel and microwave it from between 4 and 5 minutes.  What
keeps happening for some reason is that the inside of my potato mostly gets
done but a very small portion of the potato becomes very tough and very
difficult to eat.  Like...very hard to chew.  Most of the rest of the pota
 to is okay, but what I want is to be able to eat the whole potato, not just
most of it but all of it, I don't like wasting food in any way.  So could
someone please tell me what I might be doing wrong and what I could do
differently to perfectly bake a whole potato in the microwave?
Thanks in advance,
Brittany