Sent: Friday, July 01, 2016 9:51 AM
To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org
Cc: janbrown
Subject: Re: [CnD] Smokers

I am the most happy owner of a traeger  but I amnot sure of the spelling.
You can buy chips from their web side and I think I got the smoker at Costco.
It has clicks to determine temperature.
I have never seen a click smoker and I love it.
On the side is a pellet box which you fill at the beginning and add to as your cooking progresses. It is a true mess to clean.We got a shop vac to clean the ash out of the fire box.
But all that said, it is my personal favorite cooking device.
The pellets feel a bit like dry dog food.
The smoke setting is one click to the right of off.
If I'm smoking chicken, yes, wow your family and friends,  with delight.
I smoke it for two hours, take it out and turn the heat all the way to the right which gives you high, put a magic gross plastic grill protector on the grill once ten minutes have passed and the grill is up to temp. My personal grill will hold up to 36 chicken wings which I rub before smoking.
You can make all kinds of rubs.
You can get a sweet and smokey rub at the store which is brown sugar, papreka and some other stuff.
I also quite like a chipotle rub.
Have a lot of fun with whatever grill you get.