Am I missing something? What do you do with the rest of the chocolate?

-----Original Message-----
From: Wayne Scott via Cookinginthedark [mailto:cookinginthedark@acbradio.org]
Sent: Friday, September 02, 2016 4:10 PM
To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org; Cooking-friends; Little bakery;
Recipesbbshare; Santas-workshop; Sweet temptation
Cc: Wayne Scott
Subject: [CnD] Carnation breakfast bars

CARNATION BREAKFAST BARS

1 Cup Spanish Peanuts (Peeled and Crushed to a near powder)
1 Cup Rolled Toasted Oats (I had to use Granola for lack of
toasted oats)
1 Cup Rice crispies
1/2 Cup Miniature chocolate chips
1/3 Cup Light Karo Syrup.
24 - 36 Oz.  Milk Chocolate

Combine all dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.  Add Karo Syrup
(though it is possible to pack the ingredients without this)
Line a small pan with wax paper and PACK the mixture FIRMLY into
pan.  Melt 12 oz of the chocolate and spread over top of mixture
and refrigerate till firm (at least one hour)