I don't see why not. Jere is a cookie recipe for you
Irish Butter Cookies

Yield: about 4 to 5 dozen cookies

Cookies
1 cup (2 sticks) Challenge European Style
    Butter (salted), softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
Buttercream Icing
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) Challenge European Style
    Butter (salted), softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon whiskey*
2 2 drops green food color
green cake decorating crystals
Method
Cookies: Preheat oven to 375°F. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Beat in egg. Whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually add flour
mixture into butter mixture. Mix until well blended. Divide dough in half. Roll
out half of dough at a time on a lightly floured surface to an approximately
12-inch circle). Cut into shamrock shapes with floured cookie cutter. Place 1/2
inch apart on parchment lined or unbuttered cookie sheets.
Bake 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer cookies to wire racks; cool
completely. Spread tops of cookies with buttercream icing and sprinkle with
green cake decorating crystals. Store in airtight container.
Buttercream Icing: Cream butter. Add powdered sugar and blend well. Stir in
whiskey and beat well. Blend in food color. Add additional sugar or whiskey if
necessary for spreading consistency. Makes 1/2 cup icing.
*1/2 teaspoon of vanilla plus 2 1/2 teaspoons water could be substituted for
whisky.
Recipe  courtesy of Challenge Dairy.
I'm in my own little world, but thats ok everybody knows me here
Sugar