From: Abby Vincent via Cookinginthedark [mailto:cookinginthedark@acbradio.org]
Sent: Sunday, October 08, 2017 8:34 PM
To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org
Cc: Abby Vincent
Subject: Re: [CnD] making leftover mashed potatoes into potato cakes

Traditional potato pancakes are made from shredded raw potatoes.  If you have
some cooked mashed potatoes on hand, all you have to do is make them into
patties and fry them.  I add finely chopped onions and salt and pepper.
Fry them in butter or olive oil until they are browned, about four minutes each
side.  Top with gravy, sour cream, or nothing.

Abby