You could probably get away with that, if the plastic bowl is the only thing
you have. Since I have a few metal bowls, I never tried it in the plastic when
I read that the metal ones would be best for whipping cream and stiffly beating
egg whites.

> On Oct 27, 2017, at 1:14 AM, Lisa Belville via Cookinginthedark
> <cookinginthedark@acbradio.org> wrote:
>
> Hi, Kathy. Thanks for this. Unfortunately, the only glass bowl I have is way
> too small. How much of a difference would using a plastic bowl make?
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Oct 26, 2017, at 11:23 PM, Kathy Brandt via Cookinginthedark
>> <cookinginthedark@acbradio.org> wrote:
>>
>> That is for stiffly beating egg whites, not making whipped cream. For
>> whipped cream, you need to buy what is called heavy or whipping cream. You
>> are right about cold beaters and cold bowl. The bowl should be stainless
>> steel or glass, not plastic, because plastic can absorb the fat from the
>> cream. Put the mixer on high-speed, and then listen for how the sound in the
>> bowl changes, stopping the mixer and checking out how cream feels. You do
>> this, because if you whip too long, the cream will turn into butter.
>>

>>> On Oct 26, 2017, at 8:59 PM, Gary Patterson via Cookinginthedark
>>> <cookinginthedark@acbradio.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> 1. First put your beeters in the freezer.
>>> Two: Have your egg whites as cold as you can,
>>> 3. Beet with as fast as possible until egg whites are forming peaks.
>>>
>>> This method whould work.
>>>
>>> Gary Patterson

>>> 8 oz cream cheese
>>> 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
>>> 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
>>> 8 strawberry, halved, to garnish
>>>
>>> Preparation
>>> 1. Crush cookies and mix with butter.