This sounds good; I like crisps and cobblers.

Fear is just excitement in need of an attitude adjustment!
-----Original Message-----
From: Helen Whitehead via Cookinginthedark
[mailto:cookinginthedark@acbradio.org]
Sent: Sunday, January 07, 2018 11:32 AM
To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org
Cc: Helen Whitehead
Subject: [CnD] Tried And True Strawberry-Blueberry Crisp

Strawberry-Blueberry Crisp

I made this dessert yesterday, and it turned out really good!
In the ingredient list, it called for 4 tablespoons of cornstarch, but, in
the directions, it only called for 2 tablespoons of the cornstarch, so
that's all I used. I also had some Quaker oatmeal here, so that's what I
used. I also had to guess at a half cup of butter, since our butter comes in
one pound bricks. So I just cut off, what I thought might be a half cup of
butter. The crumb mixture was great!
Here is the recipe.
Strawberry-Blueberry Crisp

Yield: 6 servings

Ingredients

16 ounces of strawberries - fresh or wilted

4.4 ounces of Blueberries - fresh or wilted

1/4 cup white sugar

4 Tablespoons cornstarch

1 cup all-purpose flour

1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats

1/3 cup white sugar

1/3 cup brown sugar

1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup butter, melted (1 stick)

Instructions

Preheat oven to 350*F. Spray a 9x9 inch square pan with non-stick cooking
spray. Hull Strawberries & cut in half or quarter. In a small bowl toss
strawberries, blueberries, 1/4 cup sugar & 2 Tablespoons of cornstarch
together. Place berries into prepared pan. In a separate bowl, mix flour,
oats, 1/3 cup white sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Add melted butter
and mix well. Pour oatmeal mixture on top of berries. Bake for 35 minutes or
        until topping is golden and berries are bubbly.