Your version sounds good.  I'll try it, using the apples.

Marilyn

-----Original Message-----
From: Sharon Howerton via Cookinginthedark
[mailto:cookinginthedark@acbradio.org]
Sent: Monday, March 5, 2018 7:31 PM
To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org
Cc: Sharon Howerton
Subject: [CnD] pork roast with sauerkraut

A few days ago, a recipe for this combination was shared. As it turned out,
our local grocery store had boneless pork roasts on sale on Saturday so I
made it in the crockpot. I simply put the roast on the bottom, poured the
bag of sauerkraut on top, then added half cup of brown sugar and since I
didn't remember to get applesauce but had an apple, I cored and sliced what
I had. I cooked it on low for perhaps ten hours and because of
circumstances, I did not actually try it until today so it set in its juices
overnight. It was fabulous! The brown sugar and apple took away the tartness
of the sauerkraut. The meat was very lean and tender. I would highly
recommend this.

Sharon