Upside-Down Cinnamon-Apple Coffee Cake
* Prep 20 min
* Total60 min
* Servings, 8.
· Top off cinnamon rolls with apples before baking for a simple fall
twist on sticky buns.
1 1/2cups chopped peeled apples
1 (12.4-oz.) can Pillsbury Refrigerated Cinnamon Rolls with Icing
1/2cup pecan halves or pieces Save $
2tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
1/3cup firmly packed brown sugar Save $
2tablespoons corn syrup Save $
· 1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 9-inch glass pie pan with nonstick cooking
spray. Spread 1 cup of the apples in sprayed pan.
· 2. Separate dough into 8 rolls. Cut each roll into quarters; place in
large bowl. Add remaining 1/2 cup apples and pecans.
· 3. In small bowl, combine margarine, brown sugar and corn syrup; mix
well. Add brown sugar mixture to dough mixture; toss gently to combine.
Spoon mixture over apples in pan.
· 4. Bake at 350°F. for 28 to 38 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool 5
minutes. Invert onto serving platter.
· 5. Remove lid from icing. Microwave icing on HIGH for 10 to 15 seconds or
until of drizzling consistency. Drizzle over warm coffee cake. Serve warm.
Cookinginthedark mailing list