Sugar's Apple Pie French Toast

Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 25 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes Servings:
2

French toast covered in an apple pie compote.

ingredients

.             2 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced

.             2 tablespoons butter

.             2 tablespoons brown sugar

.             1 teaspoon flour

.             1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

.             1/4 cup water

.             2 eggs

.             1/4 cup milk

.             1/2 teaspoon vanilla

.             4 slices bread

.             2 tablespoons candied walnuts

.

directions

1.            Simmer the apples, butter, sugar, flour, cinnamon and water
until the apples are tender, about 10-15 minutes and set aside.

2.            Mix the eggs, milk and vanilla in a wide dish.

3.            Dip the bread into the egg mixture to coat on both sides and
fry in a pan over medium heat until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes per
side.

4.            Serve the french toast covered in the caramelized apples along
with some candied walnuts*.

Candied Walnuts

Servings: 1

ingredients

.             1 1/2 cups walnut halves

.             1/2 cup sugar

.             1/2 teaspoon coarse salt (optional)

directions

1.            Spread the walnuts out in a single layer on a baking sheet.

2.            Bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until nice and toasted,
about 5 minutes, and set aside. (Watch them carefully.)

3.            Melt the sugar in a sauce pan and wait for it to turn a nice
shade of amber.

4.            Add the walnuts and mix to coat.

'The nicest place to be is in someone's thoughts, the safest place to be is
in someone's prayers, and the very best place to be is in the hands of God.

"A day without a friend is like a pot without a drop of honey."

-Winnie the Pooh

-Please support me in my journey to another opportunity of life at:

Bless you, Sugar Lopez