Bacon, Egg and Cheese Brunch Ring
* Prep 30 min
* Total55 min
* Servings, 8.
· This brunch, featuring flaky Pillsbury® dough, looks fabulous and
fancy, but is as easy as can be!
· 4 slices bacon, cut in half crosswise
· 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon milk
· 4 eggs, slightly beaten
· Salt and pepper, if desired Save $
· 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
· 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury refrigerated crescent dinner rolls Save $
· 1cup shredded Mexican cheese blend (4 oz) Save $
· Chopped fresh cilantro, if desired Save $
· 1cup Old El Paso Thick 'n Chunky salsa, if desired Save $
· 1. Heat oven to 375°F. Line large cookie sheet with cooking parchment
paper. In 10-inch skillet, cook bacon over medium heat about 4 minutes or
until cooked but not crisp, turning once. (It will continue to cook in
oven.) Set bacon aside; drain all except 2 teaspoons bacon drippings from
· 2. In medium bowl, beat 1/3 cup of the milk, the eggs, salt and pepper
with fork or whisk until well mixed. Stir in bell pepper. Pour egg mixture
into skillet. As mixture heats, portions of eggs will begin to set. Gently
push cooked portions with metal spatula to outside edge of skillet. Avoid
stirring constantly. As more egg sets, push it to the edge and place it on
top of the already set egg mixture. Cook 5 to 6 minutes or until eggs are
thickened throughout but still moist.
· 3. Unroll dough; separate into 8 triangles. On parchment-lined cookie
sheet, arrange triangles with shortest sides toward center, overlapping in
star shape and leaving 4-inch round circle open in center (see diagram).
Crescent dough points may hang over edge of cookie sheet. Press overlapping
dough to flatten.
· 4. Place bacon on each of the triangles. Sprinkle 1/3 cup of the cheese
onto widest part of dough. Spoon eggs over cheese. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup of
the cheese. Pull points of triangles over eggs and cheese, and tuck under
dough to form ring (filling will be visible). Carefully brush dough with
remaining 1 tablespoon milk; sprinkle with remaining 1/3 cup cheese.
· 5. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool 2 minutes. With
broad spatula, carefully loosen ring from cookie sheet; slide onto serving
platter. Garnish with cilantro and salsa.
-a334-47d0-bb8b-8db43c7068fa> Jump to Video
* If you prefer, or if you cant find the Mexican cheese blend, make
your own. Mix 1/2 cup each shredded mozzarella, shredded provolone, shredded
Cheddar and grated Parmesan cheeses.
* Garnish each serving with chopped tomato, cilantro, green onions,
sour cream or salsa.
* Tip: Bacon grease is a mess. For easy cleanup, carefully pour it
into a bowl made of aluminum foil, then fold in edges and toss once grease
More smart foil tips.
Serving Size: 1 Serving
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value
% Daily Value*:
1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0
Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 1 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
© 2018 ®/TM General Mills All Rights Reserved
Cookinginthedark mailing list