Thai Butternut Squash Soup
Creamy fall soup with a hint of exotic flavors make this a go-to
anytime meal your whole family  will love!
This butternut squash soup is not your average soup, it is thick,
creamy, and has so many awesome  flavors.
Yields 4
5 minPrep Time
1 hrCook Time
1 hr, 5 Total Time
Ingredients
1 large butternut squash
1 1/2 cup coconut milk
1 (14 ounce) can chicken or vegetable stock
1 lime juiced
1/2 Tbs sweet chili Thai sauce ( I use Mae Ploy)
1/2 Tbs curry powder
2 tbs honey
1 medium onion
1 Tbs olive oil
Instructions
1. Cut the squash in half and scrape out the seeds (Cut it in half
length wise so it will lay flat on  a cookie sheet)
2. Place it face down on a baking sheet.
Bake at 400 degrees for about an hour. (Until the skin comes off easily)
3. When squash is almost done, chop onion small  and cook in a skillet
over medium heat in olive oil until  translucent (2-3 mins)
4. Peel skin off squash, or scrape the meat of the squash out and put
it in a blender with all  ingredients.
5. Blend until smooth.
6. Garnish with pumpkin seeds, cilantro, and lime.
Notes
I used a high powered blender, depending on your blender you may need
to split it into two batches.  My blender jar holds 8 cups, and it was
full.  **Depending on the size of the squash you may want to adjust
liquid amounts to achieve desired  consistency. I had about 6 cups of
cooked squash.
One thing I really loved about this recipe is you blend it all up
while the squash is warm, just  out of the oven, so you don’t have to
heat it up after blending, it should still be hot. So you can  serve it
right away. So it really only takes a few minutes once the squash is
cooked to get this on  the table.