From: Sugar via Cookinginthedark <cookinginthedark@acbradio.org>
Sent: Sunday, September 16, 2018 11:04 PM
To: CND List <cookinginthedark@acbradio.org>
Cc: Sugar <sugarsy...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: [CnD] Alcohol Substitutes for Cooking

Alcohol Substitutes for Cooking

In place of the alcohol required in recipes, use the following instead

For 1 Tablespoon dry vermouth:

    use 1 Tablespoon  apple juice.

For 1 Tablespoon  sweet sherry:

    use 1 Tablespoon  apple cider.

For 1/4 cup brandy, port wine, rum, sweet sherry, or fruity liqueur:

    use equal amount unsweetened apple or orange juice plus 1 teaspoon

    vanilla or other flavored extract.

For 1/4 cup red wine:

    use equal amount red grape juice or cranberry juice.

For 1/4 cup white wine:

    use equal amount white grape juice or apple juice.

For 2 Tablespoons amaretto:

    use 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon almond extract. Add water or grape juice if you
need an equal volume.

For 2 Tablespoons bourbon or sherry:

    use 1 to 2 teaspoons vanilla. Add water or grape juice if you need an equal
volume.

For 2 Tablespoons brandy or rum:

    use 1/2 to 1 teaspoon brandy or rum extract. Add water or grape juice if
you need an equal volume.

For 2 Tablespoons Grand Marnier or other orange-flavoured liqueur:

    use 2 Tablespoons unsweetened orange juice concentrate OR 2 Tablespoons
orange juice and 1/2 teaspoon orange extract.

For 2 Tablespoons kahlua or other coffee/chocolate-flavoured liqueur:

    use 1/2 to 1 teaspoon chocolate extract plus 1/2 to 1 teaspoon instant
coffee in 2 Tablespoons water.

For 2 Tablespoons sherry or bourbon:

    use 1 to 2 teaspoons vanilla.

'Forgiveness doesn't make the other person right, it makes you free.

People will forget what you said...

People will forget what you did....

But people will NEVER forget how you made them feel.'

Please consider in supporting me for a 2nd chance of life at:

-Hugs, Sugar