Hi Jamie  there is often enough salt in the butter or baking soda in a recipe
that you do not have to always have salt  added to sugar cookie recipes.
Dana
Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Jamie Prater via Cookinginthedark
Sent: Saturday, April 6, 2019 1:16 AM
To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org
Cc: Jamie Prater
Subject: [CnD] a sugar cookie question

Hi, I was looking up an old recipe I got back in high school for granny's
sugar cookies.  The recipe called for plain flour and baking powder but not
salt.  I thought most cookie recipes particularly sugar cookies called for
salt.  Am I misinformed on this?  I do not want to mess up my recipe but
this situation surprised me.  What do you guys think??  Thanks and have a
blessed day.