From: Teresa Mullen via Cookinginthedark [mailto:cookinginthedark@acbradio.org]
Sent: Tuesday, April 16, 2019 12:20 PM
To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org
Cc: Teresa Mullen
Subject: Re: [CnD] barbiecuing?

Hello

I got another question, when cooking hamburgers how do you keep them from
slipping through the grilling rack! LOL, do you use foil paper to keep them on
there or is there another method to this madness LOL

Teresa Sanchez sent from my iPhone

> On Apr 15, 2019, at 7:30 AM, Gerry Leary via Cookinginthedark
> <cookinginthedark@acbradio.org> wrote:
>
> Oh my goodness, many of us are totally blind on this list and we barbecue all
> the time. At least I do myself, now a couple of things that may help, is to
> start with a grill that isn’t a really hot one. Such as some of the small
> Weber grills. And then the next thing is get a friend to work with you a
> little bit but get yourself something like the insulated mitts that you can
> get on line my smart. Those are oven mitts that fit your hands that are
> fairly thin so you can somewhat feel what you’re doing. Then you can get used
> to finding your meat, and finding your spatula. The trick is not to burn
> yourself, and if you get a good set oven if you get a good set of oven mitts
> and a lot of patience you want. Everything will seem very difficult at first,
> but it will get easier quickly. It also might help to start with pieces of
> meat like small steaks, pork chops, and things that won’t fall apart easily.
> Also practiced flipping a cooked piece of meat on a cold grill. This way you
> won’t burn yourself in anyway.
>
> Sent from my iPhone this time
>
> On Apr 15, 2019, at 8:23 AM, May Anderson via Cookinginthedark
> <cookinginthedark@acbradio.org> wrote:
>
> Good evening everyone.
>
> I was wondering if there was a safe way for a totally blind person to
> barbecue? I would love to be able to make barbecued hamburgers and hot dogs
> for starters.
>
> May, Baby J and little Snowman
> www.canadianlynx.ca
> m...@canadianlynx.ca

This message (including any attachments) is confidential and intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed, and is
protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete the
message (including any attachments) and notify the originator that you received
the message in error. Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message,
or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited. Any views
expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the
sender specifies and with authority, states them to be the views of Tenet
Healthcare Corporation.