From: Sugar Lopez via Cookinginthedark [mailto:cookinginthedark@acbradio.org]
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2019 1:49 PM
To: CND List <cookinginthedark@acbradio.org>
Cc: Sugar Lopez <sugarsy...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: [CnD] Roasted Lemon-Chicken Salad

Roasted Lemon-Chicken Salad

Diabetes ForecastR

n...@diabetes.org <mailto:n...@diabetes.org>

Recipe by Robyn Webb, MS, LN;

Makes 6 servings

Serving Size: 1 cup chicken salad, 1 cup greens

Preparation Time: 20 minutes

Calories 260

Fat 15 g

Saturated Fat 2.8 g

Trans Fat 0 g

Carbohydrate 7 g

Fiber 2 g

Sugars 3 g

Cholesterol 65 mg

Sodium 210 mg

Potassium 480 mg

Protein 24 g

Phosphorus 190 mg

Choices: No starchy Vegetable 1, Lean Protein 3, Fat 2

Ingredients

1-pound cooked chicken* (3 2/3 cups), shredded or cubed

*Sugar's Note-I usually get a whole roasted chicken works for me especially
if I get it at Costco because they don't add any Phosphorus on it. You can
also get it at any health store like Whole foods or Sprouts if you have one
of these stores in the area. If not make sure you remove the skin.

2 celery stalks, diced (3/4 cup)

1 small red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and diced (1 cup)

1 small shallot, minced (1/4 cup)

1/4 cup finely minced fresh parsley

3 Tablespoon olive oil

Sugar's note-I use Rosemary infused extra-Virgin Olive Oil

1 1/2 Tablespoon white balsamic vinegar

Sugar's note-I substitute this ingredient for organic Apple Vinegar instead

1 teaspoon coarse Dijon mustard

Sugar's Note-If I don't have this mustard, I like to use the spicy brown
mustard for a little kick

1/4 teaspoon kosher salt

1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

2 Tablespoon finely chopped walnuts

Sugar's Note-I prefer crushed or slivered almonds.

6 cups salad greens

Directions

1. In a large bowl, combine the cooked chicken with the celery, red pepper,
shallot, and parsley.

2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, salt,
and black pepper.

3. Add the dressing to the chicken and vegetables and toss well.

4. Fold in the walnuts.

5. Serve the chicken salad over the salad greens.

Enjoy!

"How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard."

- - Winnie the Pooh

-Sugar