The only way this recipe makes sense is if you rename the three ingredients
under Rhubarb Filling. Instead of saying that, it should read Crumb Topping.
Those items are combined and spread over the top before baking. The actual
filling is made from the ingredients at the bottom of the recipe.
This sounds like a delicious coffeecake, and I plan to make it as soon as it
is possible to get to the store again. When I saved my copy of the recipe, I
made the Crumb Topping change in my copy so it made sense. I am including my
revision below if it might help anybody.

Rhubarb Strawberry Coffee Cake

3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter or margarine
1 cup buttermilk
2 slightly beaten eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla

Crumb Topping:
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup butter or margarine

Stir together 3 cups flour, 1 cup sugar, soda, baking powder, and salt.
Cut in 1 cup butter to fine crumbs.
Beat together buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla; add to dry ingredients. Stir to
moisten.
Spread half the batter in greased 13x9-inch baking pan.
Spread cooled filling over batter in pan.
Spoon remaining batter in small mounds atop filling.
Combine remaining sugar and flour; cut in 1/4 cup butter to fine crumbs.
Sprinkle crumbs over batter in pan.
Bake in 350 deg; oven for 40 to 45 minutes.
Makes 12 to 15 servings.

Rhubarb Filling:
In saucepan combine 1 pound fresh rhubarb, cut into 1-inch pieces
(3 cups) or one 16-ounce package frozen rhubarb,
and one 16-ounce package frozen sliced strawberries, thawed.
Cover and cook about 5 minutes.
Add 2 tablespoons lemon juice.
Combine 1 cup sugar and 1/3 cup cornstarch; add to rhubarb mixture.
Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly; cool.

Source: Better Homes and Gardens All-Time Favorite Fruit

Pamela Fairchild
<pamelafairch...@comcast.net>