My sister recently attended a cooking class and it was recommended to tenderize
meat, at least chicken, with yogurt. Only use plain unflavored yogurt on
poultry over night for a more tender result.

Eileen

From: Immigrant via Cookinginthedark
Sent: Saturday, May 30, 2020 9:24 PM
To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org
Cc: Immigrant
Subject: [CnD] Salt makes meat tougher?

I was surprised to read in a recent message that salt supposedly would make
cooked meat tougher. From my own experience, I can say with certainty I
don't find it so. I cook beef, pork or poultry in the oven, and if I don't
season the meat with salt, it is usually because I bread the meat and there
is enough salt in the breadcrumbs or other breading ingredient. But if I am
not breading the meat, salt is the very first seasoning I use. And I try my
best to cook any meat to the well done stage. However, I rarely, if ever,
found the finished product to be too tough, and if it came out tough, I
would probably blame myself for overcooking before I blamed any of the
ingredients. I cannot imagine not including salt in one form or another (by
itself or in a breading).