This sounds so good! I will have to try it soon.

Pamela Fairchild
<pamelafairch...@comcast.net>

-----Original Message-----
From: Cookinginthedark On Behalf Of Marilyn Pennington via Cookinginthedark
Sent: Thursday, June 4, 2020 3:41 PM
To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org
Cc: m51penning...@gmail.com
Subject: [CnD] Pistachio Sour Cream Bread

I just made this, using a Duncan Hines cake mix and it is so good.    I also
put foil over the pan for the last 15 minutes.

Pistachio Sour Cream Bread

1 cup sour cream

4 eggs, lightly beaten

1/4 cup vegetable oil

1/4 cup water

1 (18.25 ounce) box butter recipe  Cake Mix

1 small box instant pistachio pudding mix

1/2 jar maraschino cherries, chopped (optional)

Topping:

6 tablespoons brown sugar

2 tablespoons cinnamon

1 1/4 cups chopped walnuts

Mix all ingredients for bread except cherries, with mixer for three minutes
on medium. Stir in cherries, if using. Spread 1/2 of the mixture into a
large

greased and floured loaf pan.

Sprinkle with 1/2 of the topping mixture, then repeat with remaining batter
and topping.

Bake at 350 degrees F for 55 minutes to 1 hour or until a wooden pick
inserted into center comes out clean. You may need to cover with foil tent
for the

last 15 minutes so the top does not over-brown. Remove from the pan onto
dish towel and cool.

Drizzle with confectioners' sugar glaze, if desired, when cool.  Enjoy.