From: Cookinginthedark <cookinginthedark-boun...@acbradio.org> On Behalf Of
Lora Leggett via Cookinginthedark
Sent: Saturday, July 11, 2020 1:36 PM
To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org
Cc: Lora Leggett <kc8...@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [CnD] I have A leaf from our table

Yes, I remember because at the convention in Vegas, you could either get the
disc or they probably would have shipped it to my house.  I just wanted to get
it right away.
At least it is all there.
I had a nice friend send me the braille edition of that book by Christine Ha.
I did download the talking book version from BARD.  It was read by Carrie, the
same lady who read Cooking Without Looking in 1980 but before she was married.
Anyway, there is no glossary, or I mean, she doesn’t spell anything for you
that I can tell.
So, now that this friend sent me her braille book, if it’s complete, at least I
will know how she spells different stuff.
This will sound weird, but this same friend decided he needs to down size.  He
sent me a slow cooker book that was put out by NBP.  Well, I later found out
that the book is really 7 volumes on Bard.
There are 3 more volumes for vegetables and stuff.  He sent me 4 volumes
disguised as the whole books.
I asked another friend who well, works for NBP.  He said, yes, they do or have
released part of a book and then come out with the rest of it later.
I thought, what?  But it was true.
I just downloaded the whole thing from BARD.  How can you release a book when
it is half of a book?  Okay!

Sent from Mail for Windows 10