From: Deborah Armstrong via Cookinginthedark
Sent: Wednesday, July 22, 2020 4:55 PM
To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org
Cc: Deborah Armstrong
Subject: [CnD] Bread machines

I dug my bread machine out of the back of my closet when it became hard to find
bread in the stores.

My husband is sighted and both of us have scoured the net for east - finally he
found some last week and ordered it. I didn't want to buy pounds of it because
our kitchen isn't that big. Amazon and King Arthur sell huge packages.

Now I can finally use my machine which I haven't used in years. My first
challenge was getting the liquid right.

My old cookbook from NBP (The Loafer's companion) seems to have recipes that
are more reliable than those in the machine's manual. But the manual insists I
use bread flour.

White all-purpose does make a fairly dense bread, so I'm wondering if anyone
knows a good source for bread flour that isn't so expensive. I'm also looking
for a good source of yeast in typical envelope-style packets instead of pounds,
and any tips you might wish to offer on getting the most out of my machine.

My husband doesn't want to go to a real store, though he can see and drive, so
we've been doing everything online. And I don't have a grocery I can walk to,
so I also am not interested in taking public transit until this virus is gone.

Thanks.

--Debee