Thanks, Vicki. I just tried my hand with Marilyn P.'S milk directions
and your description for making gravy, and it turned out really well.
I'm thrilled. I used the fat I got from making chicken in the crock
pot--I saved three cups worth, so have lots to practice with,--and
added salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and a wee bit of sugar
because I overpeppered the mix just a bit.

I've added your instructions to my cooking journal and will use it in
future for other cooking adventures.

More Later,
Dani

On 11/9/20, Dani Pagador <pocketfulofs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think you'll want equal parts flour and fat e.g., 4 Tbsp. flour to 4
> Tbsp. fat. All of the gravy recipes I've seen in cookbooks and on
> YouTube say that.
> Thanks, Vicki, for your gravy-making directions. I'm not the best at
> making gravy--I get impatient. I'll keep your directions on hand and
> will try them out the next time the need for gravy comes up. What
> temperature do you use to cook your gravy? Do you need to increase the
> temperature at any point as the gravy cooks?
>
> On 11/9/20, Carol Ashland via Cookinginthedark
> <cookinginthedark@acbradio.org> wrote:
>> Now all we need are the mashed potatoes! Yum!
>>
>> Carol Ashland
>> On Nov 9, 2020 8:02 AM, vjack--- via Cookinginthedark
>> <cookinginthedark@acbradio.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Bill, I am a good gravy maker, but am not sure I can tell you how. So I
>>> will
>>> try. For milk gravy you need drippings from like a fried chicken. You
>>> need