From: Cookinginthedark <cookinginthedark-boun...@acbradio.org> On Behalf Of
Kevin Minor via Cookinginthedark
Sent: Tuesday, December 1, 2020 6:12 PM
To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org
Cc: Kevin Minor <kmino...@outlook.com>
Subject: [CnD] How do you melt a stick of butter in the microwave?

Hi.

I've decided to attempt to make a hash brown casserole, and one of the
ingredients is a stick of melted butter. Rather than try to pour it into the
mixing bowl from a hot item on the stove, I've decided to use my handy dandy
microwave to do the deed. I've never done this before, so I'm looking for
any pointers that I can get. What should I put the butter in to nuke it? Do
I break up the stick, or leave it whole? Should I let it warm for a few
minutes at room temperature? Also, how long do I microwave it?

That's all I can think of. If there are other things I need to know, please
tell me. I'll share this recipe soon. It takes a 9 by 13 dish to bake in,
and it calls for 2 pounds of shredded hash browns, so it's a lot. It's very
good.

Kevin and Jilly